Friday, 1 February 2013

4 weeks without eBay = broke

LOL

I'm not really broke, but it's strange not waking up to the vibration of my phone telling me I have a sale, and then telling me I have money in Paypal.

Anyway, another reason for the update. I'm still 6 weeks at least from going back on to eBay and I wanted to share a couple of things that I've just bought.



This piece of spectacular artwork, the variant cover for JSA Liberty Files: Whistling Skull #1, is by my favourite artist Tony Harris. I've been a long-time collector of original comic art, and Tony Harris covers are my grail pieces. This is probably his finest work that I own and one that is definitely going straight to the pool room! I got it for a relative steal as well. Most of Tony's covers sell for $1000 plus. His Starman covers can go for as much as $5000. (I have two of those that are at the lower end (about $1200 each), but still awesome). This one... $595 delivered. .... Bah ... Genn...

And I also bought something yesterday to inspire me creatively. A toy from Ashley Wood.


This was expensive but not. Ashley Wood figures are usually expensive (around $250+) and sell out extremely quickly. I was lucky to find this one through a toy dealer and got it for $185 delivered.

I don't normally spend much money on myself. My wife is telling me constantly that I need new clothes. But when I do splurge, I go a little nuts on obscure things.

No comments:

Post a Comment